Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and used electronics. This service is provided for City of Melissa residents up to once a month, and is included in your regular monthly trash and recycling charge.
Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and flat screen televisions (no Cathode Ray Tubes).
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300/Option 2 and request Door Side Collection service.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep by 7:00 am on your service day, where CWD will pick it up. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Do not place your HHW bag on the curb.
- Do not over fill the bag.
- Do not use a different bag, only use bag that is mailed to you.
- Do not leave the bag open.
- Do not drag the bag. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Make sure items outside the bag are placed in a cardboard box.
- Make sure to pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Make sure to wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Make sure bags are placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area in front of your home and that it is visible from the street. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>