The City of Melissa wishes to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue with our followers on our various social media channels. In that spirit, we have provided the community guidelines for posting comments on any official City of Melissa or Melissa Department's social media pages including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor:
- Comments on City posts must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
- Your comments must be civil. They must not contain language which is:
- No references to the personality of other participants or individuals, or attacks on individual character will be permitted.
- Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but within the specific discussion provided here. Links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic and not political in nature or advertising.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted.
- Event or publication announcements are permitted only if they have direct relevance to the subject of discussion and if approved by City Administration.
- City social media is intended as a forum for community issues and not for electoral campaign purposes. Such messages will be removed. This includes links to other pages and or articles that are political in nature.
Should you have any questions about the guidelines or the City's communications efforts, please email Celso Martinez.