The City of Melissa contracts with the Collin Central Appraisal District for property appraisal services and with the Collin County Tax Office for assessing and collecting property taxes.
The City of Melissa adopted a Tax Rate that will raise more taxes for Maintenance and Operations than last year’s tax rate. The tax rate will effectively be raised by 3.5 percent and will raise taxes for Maintenance and Operations on a $100,000 home by approximately $-73.22.
The City of Melissa Tax Rates are as follows:
Property Taxes (2022)
- City of Melissa: $0.456168
- Collin County: $0.152443
- Collin County Community College: $0.08122
- Melissa Independent School District: $1.4429
Total Property Taxes: $2.132731
Local Sales & Use Tax Rates
- City of Melissa: 2.0%
- 4A Melissa Industrial and Economic Development Corporation Tax: 0.50%
- 4B Melissa Community and Economic Development Corporation Tax: 0.50%
- City Sales Tax: 1.0%
- Collin County Sales Tax: 0.25%
- Texas Sales Tax: 6.0%
Total Sales and Use Tax: 8.25%
View tax resources.