Yes, garage sale signs are considered ’stake signs’ and are regulated under City of Melissa Code of Ordinance § Article 3.1010 (Permissible Signs That Do Not Require the Issuance of a Sign Permit). Specifically subsection (g)(4) which is excerpted.
Subsection (g) (4) Garage Sale Sign Excerpt
- Definition - A garage sale sign is a temporary stake sign that advertises a garage sale, yard sale or estate sale at an occupied residential property.
- Time - A garage sale sign shall not be erected earlier than noon on the day before the sale and must be removed by 6 pm on the day following the sale, not to exceed a maximum of three consecutive days.
- Place -
- Garage sale signs shall be located only on private property. A garage sale sign shall not be erected closer than ten feet from the edge of the street pavement.
- Garage sale signs shall not be placed on an off-location vehicle, fence, pole, tree, median, or railing. Garage sale signs shall not be balloons, wind devices of other type of sign, except stake sign, unless meeting the definition and requirements for that type of sign.
- Manner - Garage sale signs shall not exceed six square feet in area. The maximum height of a garage sale sign shall not exceed four feet.
If you have any questions, please contact Code Compliance prior to placing your signs to avoid them being confiscated.