How do I apply for an alcohol permit?
§ 4.102 - Permit Required
(a) A permit from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is required for any person to exercise any right or privilege granted by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code in the City of Melissa.
(b) The City Secretary shall certify whether the location given in the application for a permit is in a wet area and whether the sale of the subject alcoholic beverage for which the permit is sought is allowed by the ordinances of the City of Melissa.
(Ord. 05-17, adopted 1-25-05, § 3)
How do I apply for a position on City Boards and Commissions?
Anyone interested in serving on one of the City of Melissa Boards and Commissions must complete an the Candidate Application Form and submit the completed application with resume to the City Secretary's Office. Your complete application form will be maintained in our active files for one year from the date of the application.
City Council or a Sub-committee will conduct interviews of applicants interested in serving on a City Board and/or Commission as vacancies become available. These interviews will be conducted at the direction of the City Council and will be open to the public.
General Inquiries regarding Boards and Commissions should be directed to City Secretary, Linda Bannister at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 838-2520.
How do I apply for employment with the City of Melissa?
The City of Melissa currently only accepts applications for open positions which are posted. You can find these openings posted on the bulletin board out in front of City Hall as well as online when an opening becomes available.
The City uses ApplicantStack for posting our Current Employment Opportunities and tracking applications. In order to apply for openings through our system, you will need to have an account for which you will need to create a username and password here.
If you have already created an account, please enter your account username and password to login to the system.
Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact Mitizi McCabe, Human Resources Manager at (972) 838-1084 or by email.
How do I apply for Collin County Transit discount programs?
The City of McKinney, the McKinney Urban Transit District (MUTD) and the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are proud to provide Collin County Transit. This service consists of a subsidized taxi voucher program that provides efficient transit options for participating MUTD cities including McKinney, Lowry Crossing, Melissa, Princeton and Celina.
Residents can enjoy the convenience of regular taxi service at a fraction of the cost to get to popular destinations such as grocery stores, senior centers, libraries, Baylor Medical Center, Medical Center of McKinney and more.
- Older Adult Program - must be a resident of one of the member cities and 65 years or older
- Individuals with Disabilities Program - must be a resident of one of the member cities and meet one of the seven criteria (see page for full details)
- Low Income Transit Subsidy Pilot Program - must be a resident of one of the member cities and have an annual household income (before taxes) at the required program amounts based on the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines (see page for full details)
- Completed application (Printable PDF)
- Signed terms and conditions
- Copies of all required documentation
How do I apply for a Melissa Public Library Card?
The requirements for obtaining a City of Melissa Public Library Card are:
- 18 and older: Valid Texas Driver's License
- Under 18: Parent/Guardian with Valid Texas Driver's License
Once you have completed the application please bring it in person to YOUR Melissa Public Library to receive your library card.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com
How do I apply for a residential permit?
A person, firm or corporation shall not erect, construct, enlarge, add to, alter, repair, replace, improve, remove, install, convert, equip, use, occupy or maintain a structure or building service equipment without first obtaining a permit from the Permit Department.
To obtain a building permit:
The following will be required.
- Site plan (plot plan) - including but not limited to the proposed improvement(s) noting building separation and setbacks, existing structures, driveways, adjacent public roadways and north point
- Floor plan
- Roof plan
- Exterior elevations
- Construction details
- Structural plans (must include second floor framing plan when applicable)
- Foundation plan (must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer)
- Engineering letter for foundation design is required. This letter should include a statement that the foundation has been designed specifically for soil conditions of listed lot. (must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer).
- Masonry on Wood (must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer of built to COG detail)
- Electrical plan (may be combined with floor plan)
- Plumbing plan (may be combined with floor plan)
- Berry Farms and Country Ridge need drainage studies submitted in addition to building plans.
- Some neighborhood associations require a stamp of approval on plans. Please check with your association before submitting building plans.
A Form Survey sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Surveyor will be required to be on site for the Plumbing Rough Inspection.
For more on the Residential Permit Process visit the Residential Permitting webpage.
How do I apply for a Senior Citizen's Discount on Solid Waste Services?
The City of Melissa has partnered with Waste Connections to offer a Senior Citizen Discount for garbage and recycling services for residents age 65 or over
- How to Apply: Please return the application for senior discount along with a copy of your drivers license to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also return the application and your drivers license by fax to 972-837-4394 or in person at 3411 Barker Avenue, Melissa, TX 75454
- Savings: Any senior resident who submits the application along with a copy of his or her drivers license and who has one (1) set of garbage and recycling carts will receive monthly garbage and recycling service for $13.37/month as opposed to $14.18/month. The additional garbage cart cost of $5.00/month remains the same for all residents.
How do I apply for a solicitors/peddlers permit?
You must submit an application, consent to a background check, and pay an annual fee of $50.00 to obtain a City of Melissa Solicitor's Permit.
You may download and complete the application ahead of time, but you MUST submit your application in person to the Melissa Police Department (2nd Floor of Melissa City Hall, 3411 Barker Avenue) Normal business hours are M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You will need to show your driver’s license, and submit a $50.00 annual fee with your application. If you are a food truck vendor, you MUST submit a copy of your county health certificate before your application will be processed.
We take cash, checks, or a money order. Sorry we are not able to take credit card payments at this time.
Once you submit your application, a background check will be completed and a photo ID and paper permit will be issued to you. This can take up to 7 business days.
Any questions should be directed to Officer Brandi Davidson or by calling (972) 838-2033.