Below are the unofficial results of combined early voting and election day vote totals cast for the Special Election for Melissa City Council Place 6 :
Shannon Sweat: 69.67%
Deidrick Solomon: 30.33%
Voter Turnout: 61% of registered voters in Melissa
As a reminder, the results for the Special Election for City Council Place 6 are considered UNOFFICIAL until the results are accepted by City Council at a Special Called Meeting to be held November 20, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. where Ms. Sweat will be sworn in as City Council Place 6.
Full results of all 68 vote centers for Statewide General Election are available at Collin County Election Results webpage
Early Voting Dates and Times:Monday, October 22 - Friday, October 26: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 27: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 28: 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 29 - Friday, November 2: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Melissa City Hall and Collin County Vote Centers
Notice of Municipal Election
Aviso de Elecciones Municipales
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Special Election Ballot
The filing period to submit an application to run for this vacancy will run from Wednesday, August 1, 2018 through Thursday, August 23, 2018.
Message from the City Secretary
Qualifications for Candidates
Application for Place on the City of Melissa Special Election Ballot
- This form must be filed in the City Secretary's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. beginning August 1, 2018 and ending August 23, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- There is no filing fee
- This form must be filed in the City Secretary's Office as soon as you become a candidate and before you make any expenditure or accept any contributions.
- Instructions on how to complete the form
Texas Ethics Commission 2018 Filing Schedule
Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report and Instruction Guide
- These reports are to be filed with the City Secretary's Office by the dates specified on the Election Calendar.
- PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO SCHEDULES FOR TIMELY FILING OF YOUR CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORTS.
Election Code - Chapter 258, Fair Campaign Practices
Texas Ethics Commission - Title 15 of the Texas Election Code
*If you have filed for office in the past, please note that many of the forms have been revised. *
Please do not hesitate to contact the City Secretary at City Hall, 972-838-2520. If you have any questions regarding the Texas Ethics Commission reports, they should be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506.