- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the General Election Ballot - FILING PERIOD CLOSED AS OF FEBRUARY 15, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
The filing period to submit an application to run for this vacancy will run from Wednesday, January 16, 2019 through Friday, February 15, 2019.
Complete Candidate Packet
Message from the City Secretary
Qualifications for Candidates
Application for Place on the City of Melissa General Election Ballot
- This form must be filed in the City Secretary's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. beginning January 16, 2019 and ending February 15, 2019.
- There is no filing fee
- This form must be filed in the City Secretary's Office as soon as you become a candidate and before you make any expenditure or accept any contributions.
- Instructions on how to complete the form
Texas Ethics Commission 2019 Filing Schedule
Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report
- These reports are to be filed with the City Secretary's Office by the dates specified on the Election Calendar.
- PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO SCHEDULES FOR TIMELY FILING OF YOUR CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORTS.
- Instruction Guide
Political Advertising "What You Need to Know"
Election Code - Chapter 258, Fair Campaign Practices
Texas Ethics Commission - Title 15 of the Texas Election Code
*If you have filed for office in the past, please note that many of the forms have been revised. *
Please do not hesitate to contact the City Secretary at City Hall, 972-838-2520. If you have any questions regarding the Texas Ethics Commission reports, they should be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506.