Summer Reading Program 2020! Click Here!
The Melissa Public Library strives to offer the best possible service to our patrons. The mission of the Melissa Public Library is to enrich the community by providing resources to aid in the pursuit of information and provide recreation and cultural enhancement using print, various media products, electronic access and planned quality programs available to all. The Melissa Public Library adheres to its logo—a global reach with local touch.
About the Melissa Public Library
Give a gift to the library when you order from Amazon!
Go to https://smile.amazon.com and sign in with your Amazon account or set up a new account. You are given a choice of organizations to have credit listed from your purchases. (This can be changed at any time.) Please select ‘Friends of Melissa Public Library’. When you purchase any items through Amazon, they will provide a percentage donation to the Friends! Which will go into helping fund programs for YOUR Melissa Public Library!
The Library Director is Jennifer Nehls.
3411 Barker Avenue
Melissa, Texas 75454
Fax: (972) 837-2006
|Andrea Tyler||Youth Services Librarian, MLS|
|Rainea Urbina||Youth Services Librarian, MLS|
|Victoria Villegas||Librarian Assistant|
|Marc Royce||Library Clerk|
|Dalia Escamilla||Library Clerk|
Sign up for The Melissa Minute - the City of Melissa's Weekly E-newsletter to keep up to date on the latest happenings here at the Library!
Do you have any suggestions or concerns? Please e-mail us at: email@example.com
What are the library's hours?
The Library Hours are:
- All services and computer use ends 20 minutes before the closing hour.
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Weekly Story time: 10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
What services does the library offer?
Melissa Public Library Services & Fees:
- Copying/Printing - 0.15 cents (Black and White) --0.50 cents (Color)
- Faxes - $1.00 a page to Receive/Send
- Notary - $6.00 (available during all regular business hours now) -- Please bring a valid photo I.D. and do not pre-sign documents.
- Laminating - .50 cents (Business Card Size) -- $1.50 (8.5 X 11)
- Test Proctoring - Charge for proctoring service, please call in advance to schedule
- Scan – Free
What is required for obtaining a library card?
Library Card Requirements:
- 18 and older: Valid Texas Driver's License
- Under 18: Parent/Guardian with Valid Texas Driver's License
Library Card Applications:
Just fill out one of the applications above, print it out and bring into YOUR Melissa Public Library to get started today!
Melissa Public Library Computer and Internet Use Policy
Please read the policy before prior to using the computers and/or internet (Wi-Fi as well) at the Melissa Public Library. Failure to follow these policies or use the Internet appropriately and responsibly will result in revocation of Computer privileges.