All activities at 10:30 am unless listed otherwise.Wednesday, August 21 – Coloring is for ALL ages, come color and chill!
Thursday, August 22 – Harry Potter Movie Day: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (PG). Raffle winner for the Lego Harry Potter Castle will be announced before the movie. The fun begins at 12:30 pm!
Friday, August 23 – Back to School Storytime Event! Come meet the Melissa Cardinal Cheerleaders, explore a real school bus and listen to some fun back to school books. Our special guest Congressman Van Taylor will be here at 11:15 to present books to the library and to read a book of his own.
About the Melissa Public LibraryThe Melissa Public Library strives to offer the best possible service to our patrons. The mission of the Melissa Public Library is to enrich the community by providing resources to aid in the pursuit of information and provide recreation and cultural enhancement using print, various media products, electronic access and planned quality programs available to all. The Melissa Public Library adheres to its logo—a global reach with local touch.
The Library Director is Lorelei Perkins
3411 Barker Avenue
Melissa, Texas 75454
Fax: (972) 837-2006
|Jennifer Nehls||Youth Services Librarian|
|Andrea Tyler||Youth Services Librarian|
| Victoria Villegas
|Marc Royce||Library Clerk|
Sign up for The Melissa Minute - the City of Melissa's Weekly E-newsletter to keep up to date on the latest happenings here at the Library!
Do you have any suggestions or concerns? Please e-mail us at: email@example.com
What are the library's hours?
The Library Hours are:
- All services and computer use ends 20 minutes before the closing hour.
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Weekly Story time: 10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
What services does the library offer?
Melissa Public Library Services & Fees:
- Copying/Printing - 0.15 cents (Black and White) --0.50 cents (Color)
- Faxes - $1.00 a page to Receive/Send
- Notary - $6.00 (available during all regular business hours now) -- Please bring a valid photo I.D. and do not pre-sign documents.
- Laminating - .50 cents (Business Card Size) -- $1.50 (8.5 X 11)
- Test Proctoring - Charge for proctoring service, please call in advance to schedule
- Scan – Free
What is required for obtaining a library card?
Library Card Requirements:
- 18 and older: Valid Texas Driver's License
- Under 18: Parent/Guardian with Valid Texas Driver's License
Library Card Applications:
Just fill out one of the applications above, print it out and bring into YOUR Melissa Public Library to get started today!
Melissa Public Library Computer and Internet Use Policy
Please read the policy before prior to using the computers and/or internet (Wi-Fi as well) at the Melissa Public Library. Failure to follow these policies or use the Internet appropriately and responsibly will result in revocation of Computer privileges.