2019 Summer Reading Program
Every bit a child reads makes a difference in their reading skills for the summer and keeps them ready for returning to school. We expect the 2019 Summer Reading Program at YOUR Melissa Public Library to be the best yet!
Read our brochure to learn all about the fun programs.
- Minutes end August 12th
- The goal is to read 800 minutes over the summer! Be sure to keep track on your logs! Print a new log here!
- Summer Reading Ceremony will be August 17th from 10am-1pm.
- Harry Potter is Out-of-this-World! Dress up as your favorite HP character and enjoy a day of crafts, games, food trucks, and real owls!
- Fun is free but food has a fee!
- Enjoy the City of Melissa's Health and Safety Fair located in the court room!
Summer reading program encourages children to keep reading during summer vacation and offers a variety of benefits such as:
- Motivates children to read.
- Helps develop positive attitudes about reading, books and using the library.
- Maintains reading skills over the summer vacation.
- Provides access to experiences that further discovery.
- Allows for cooperative play and learning.
- Points children to careers and opportunities in the future.
Contact Andrea Tyler or Jennifer Nehls for more information or stop by the library!
Adults: (18 and up) Teens: (13-17)
Children: (12 and younger)
$20 entry fee allows one photo in $10 entry fee allows one
each of the following categories: photo in each of the
People following categories:
Animals Scenic or Nature
Visit FOMPL's Wordpress for more details!