You are not eligible to take a driving safety course to dismiss your citation if:
- You possess a commercial drivers license or
- You were charged with speeding 25 miles or more over the posted speed limit
- A copy of your valid Texas Driver’s License
- A copy of proof of liability insurance in your name
- Completed Driver’s Safety Course Affidavit and Request for Driver's Safety Course Form
- $109.10 if violation was not in a school zone
- $134.10 for speeding in a school zone.
You have 90 days to complete the course and turn in the certificate. The certificate is the only evidence that you completed and passed the Course, so it is important that you forward the certificate as soon as you receive it.