Complete and submit an application to the Permits Department.
Commercial/New Addition Building Permit Submittal Requirements
Construction Document Submittals
Three copies of the completed set of construction documents are required for plan review. Construction documents must be submitted along with completed permit application form and information sheet. An additional set of plans will be required for buildings with fire-sprinklers. And additional set of plans will be required for projects, which require a health, permit.
Note: Drawings containing a label such as "not for construction" or "for pricing only" will not be accepted for permit application.
Drawings and documents shall be sealed, signed, dated and designed by a State of Texas Registered Architect. Registered Engineer, Registered Interior Designer, where applicable as required by the State of Texas Engineering and Architect Practice Act.
Building Inspection my request additional information if necessary. Drawings must be drawn to scale, dimensioned and of sufficient clarity:
- Site plan
- Floor plan and roof plans
- Door schedules, window schedules, hardware schedules
- Construction details; Interior elevations and interior finish schedules
- Structural plans must include: foundation plans; roof and floor framing plans; wall sections and details
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing site plans and schedules
- Plumbing plans (including riser diagram)
- Mechanical plans
- Electrical plans (including riser diagrams)
The plat must be approved and the Site plan must be released by the Engineering Department before a permit will be issued.
Note: One set of plans must be on job site at all times.
The Following Codes Adopted:
- International Building Code, 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2015
- International Fire Code, 2015
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2015
- International Mechanical Code, 2015
- International Plumbing Code, 2015
- International Residential Code, 2015
- National Electrical Code, 2014 Edition