Residential Utility Services

Residential Utility Services

We are happy you have chosen Melissa for your home and/or business and we are looking forward to meeting you and serving you! Requests to establish new utility services, transfer services, or discontinue/cancel utility services must be submitted in writing. For questions regarding establishing new service, transferring, or canceling Utility services, please fill out one of the following applications:

Please note that this process will not be complete until your security deposit has been paid and all documentation has been received by the Utility Billing Office. Same-day service can only be accommodated if all documentation and payment are received by the Melissa Utility Billing Office by 2:00 pm.

New Commercial Utility Services

Download the application to establish new Commercial Utility services (PDF). Deposit is dependent on the size of the meter. For more information, please see the Utility Billing Rates and Fees.

Commercial Solid Waste Services

Commercial solid waste services for the City of Melissa is provided by Waste Connections. For commercial solid waste service contact Waste Connections (formerly Progressive Waste Solutions) directly at 469-452-8000.

Construction Hydrant Meters

For Construction Hydrant Meters (PDF), please complete the application and return with the required deposit to the City of Melissa. Deposit may be paid via cash, check, money order, or credit card.

Request for Confidentiality

Pursuant to §182.052 et. seq., Texas Utilities Code, as amended, government-operated utilities are required to notify customers of their rights to confidentiality. You are hereby informed that you have the right to request confidentiality of your personal information contained in our records. For more information, please refer to the Texas Utilities Code.