Young Adult Programming
All hangouts have been suspended until further notice.
But don't worry! We are planning fun times ahead and please enjoy some of OUR other programming opportunities!
Keep an eye out for more to come!
Welcome Students of Hogwarts! Come and get sorted into your houses! Learn about potions, spells, wand making, and more! Plus, what house will have the most points and win the year? Join and find out!
When: 2nd Thursday of each month
Where: Microsoft Teams
Register: Email Rainea Urbina, Youth Services Librarian
For any questions or suggestions, please email Rainea Urbina, Youth Services Librarian.
Join us for our new Teen STEM Club! STEM Club focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Kits will be made available for pickup on the 3rd Thursday of each month so make sure to get yours as there is a limited amount!
When: 3rd Thursday of each month
Where: Find the how-to video on Melissa Public Library Facebook
If you have any questions, please email Rainea Urbina, Youth Services Librarian.
Do you want to volunteer at the library?
Need volunteer hours for National Honor Society or other organizations?
Currently, all of our volunteering opportunities are virtual! Here are some ways that you can help your local library and earn hours:
- Market our programs! When you see our posts on Facebook or Instagram, share them to your own social media accounts.
- Create your own social media posts! Let your peers know how much you enjoy our programs!
- Write a book review! Send it in and we will post it to our social media for other to read.
- Record a Book Talk about your favorite book! Why should others read it? Send it in and we will post it for others to be inspired to read. The National Library website has a great article on Book Talks. Check it out at Book Talking - tips to fire a passion for reading!
- Read a storytime book! What was your favorite book as a child? The one you asked to be read over and over again. Record yourself reading a storytime book, send it in, and we can share it with our storytime children! These children range in age from 3-5 years old.
Email Rainea Urbina, Youth Services Librarian, if you have something to send in, have questions, or need more information.