Can I schedule a pickup for my bulk items?
Free monthly bulk service pick ups occur on the SECOND SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH. Waste Connections (formerly Progressive Waste Solutions) will collect bulk items (such as furniture, appliances, etc.) and brush that are not fully containable inside of your cart.
Please review the following guidelines:
Solid Waste Brochure - Waste Connections (updated October 2016)
To schedule call Waste Connections customer service at (469) 452-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. the Friday prior.
- Free bulk service pick ups are available for a quantity of brush and bulk material which can be loaded by 2 men in no more than 5 minutes.
- Please keep small items contained in closed boxes/bags
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners must have certificate verifying that all Freon has been removed. (The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency prohibits the disposal of "white goods" containing chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants "CFCs" (Freon). These items will not be collected without a certificate of removal of the CFCs.
- Bundled brush including tree limbs and yard clippings not to exceed 4ft in length, or 50 pounds.
- Free Bulk and Brush collections are limited to 4 cubic yards.
- Every 4 yards over the 4 yard limit will be charged $25.00.
- Materials NOT accepted include: paint, oils, construction material generated by a contractor, automotive parts containing fluids, pool chemicals, batteries or tires. (See Household Hazardous Waste for more details)
**NOTE: They will need to know generally what you plan for pick up at that time to avoid any potential issues - when in doubt, call or email photo to Waste Connection to avoid items being left behind.**
What are the requirements for a Citizen of Melissa to use the 121 landfill?
The City of Melissa is not associated with the North Texas Municipal Water District 121 Landfill. However, the following are the requirements for a citizen of Melissa to use the landfill:
The first Saturday of each month (unless it falls on a holiday) is Collin County Cleanup Day and is free for residents of Collin County.
All loads must be covered and the gross weight is not to exceed 10,000 pounds, including all waste, vehicle and any trailers, etc.
For current disposal rates outside of Collin County Cleanup Day, please contact the NTMWD Wylie Office at (972) 442-5405 or visit https://www.ntmwd.com/facilities .
121 Regional Disposal Facility (Landfill)
3820 Sam Rayburn Highway
Melissa, TX 75454
7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturday