Driver's Safety Course
You may be eligible to take a Driver’s Safety Course to keep your violation from appearing on your driving record. You are allowed to use a Driver’s Safety Course one time per 12 month period to dismiss a citation that involves a moving violation.
You are not eligible to take a driving safety course to dismiss your citation if:
To request a driver’s safety course, you must submit the following to court clerks on or before your court date:
- You possess a commercial drivers license or
- You were charged with speeding 25 miles or more over the posted speed limit
Court cost and administrative fees as follows:
- A copy of your valid Texas Driver’s License
- A copy of proof of liability insurance in your name
- Completed Driver’s Safety Course Affidavit and Request for Driver's Safety Course Form
Requests for a Driver’s Safety course may be made in person at the court clerk’s office or by mail on or before your court date. (this date is located at the bottom right corner of your ticket)
- $109.10 if violation was not in a school zone
- $134.10 for speeding in a school zone.
You have 90 days to complete the course and turn in the certificate. The certificate is the only evidence that you completed and passed the Course, so it is important that you forward the certificate as soon as you receive it.