The City of Melissa Public Library
|The Melissa Public Library strives to offer the best possible service to our patrons. The mission of the Melissa Public Library is to enrich the community by providing resources to aid in the pursuit of information and provide recreation and cultural enhancement using print, various media products, electronic access and planned quality programs available to all. The Melissa Public Library adheres to its logo—a global reach with local touch.
The Library Director is Mrs. Lorelei Perkins
3411 Barker Avenue
Melissa, Texas 75454
Fax: (972) 837-2006
The Library Hours are:
Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Thursday - 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday - CLOSED
Fridays at 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. for ages 0-5. Adults must stay with their children during story times.
Melissa Public Library Services & Fees:
- Copying/Printing - 0.15 cents (Black and White) --0.50 cents (Color)
- Faxes - $1.00 a page to Receive/Send
- Notary - $6.00 (Monday through Friday, call in Advance) -- Please bring a valid photo I.D. and do not pre-sign documents.
- Laminating - .50 cents (Business Card Size) -- $1.50 (8.5 X 11)
- Test Proctoring - No Charge (call in Advance to schedule)
- Scan – Free
- Available for Sale:
- 1 GB Flash Drives -- $4.00
- 2010, 2011, & 2012 Melissa Ornaments -- $7.00, 2 for $12.00, or 3 for $18.00
- Melissa Cardinal State Champions 2011 Ornaments -- $8.00
Library Card Requirements:
18 and older: Valid Texas Driver's License
Under 18: Parent/Guardian with Valid Texas Driver's License
Library Card Applications (Updated 6/21/16)!
Just fill out one of the applications above, print it out and bring into YOUR Melissa Public Library to get started today!
Melissa Public Library Computer and Internet Use Policy
Melissa Public Library Computer and Internet Use Policy (Espanol)
Now Available: MANGO Languages!
Sign up for The Melissa Minute - the City of Melissa's Weekly E-newsletter to keep up to date on the latest happenings here at the Library!
Do you have any suggestions or concerns? Please e-mail us at: email@example.com